Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberries Laced With Crack!

So, sorry I haven't been posting... LOTS to say, little time to write. Just have a few seconds right now so I thought I'd share a little about last night. It was a weird one. It was a "run" day, but partner girl and I couldn't line our schedules up... something about her having to spend time with her husband for a belated Valentine's Day date of massages, chiropractor and dinner- pshhht, whatever! Lol, she was available about 9pm....which is when I'm puttin' the chitlins down. We were shooting for as SOON as they're asleep, we'll run to the gym! About 9:30 I texted her "what time does the gym close?" 1 down 4 to go.... She said midnight! Nice, this might work. An hour and a half later!!!!! my 2 yr old was FINALLY out. She must've been eating the same chocolate covered strawberries I was! I decided I'd laced 'em with crack accidentaly when I made them because I was HYPER.
Awesome partner let me bribe her with said strawberries (didn't tell her about the crack 'til later) to go to the gym... It was so funny, we felt like teenagers sneaking out at night to do something naughty. We blew in there about 11:25? Just enough time for a QUICK warm up and 3 mile run on the treadmill. It felt SO GOOD! I was at a little faster pace than normal, and my side started cramping, but I ran through it. We talked about walking for a minute after 2 mi. but I decided if I walked I would have trouble starting again.... I actaully upped it and sprinted- mmm, ok maybe just ran, the last little bit. Again, it felt SO GOOD!
Then, when we were driving home I asked awesome partner what the longest she'd ever run was- before starting this (crazy girl used to do cross country) She said 5 miles! Then she asked me I said "Um, a mile?" She was a little shocked, so I added "I don't think you understand, I HATED running, thought it was SO BORING and POINTLESS, especially when you could just go to an exercise class where they entertain you and before you know it, you're done! Yeah, unless I was in a junior high or high school pe class, it wasn't happening." Then she was like "so you went your farthest tonight!" I guess so. Hadn't thought of it that way! Yay, so here on out, every extra 1/2 mile is a new personal record! Kinda cool. I'm thinkin I need to make more strawberries....

No comments:

Post a Comment